Our Program Philosophy
At SCPENS, children learn about themselves and the world around them through play. By participating in a stimulating learning environment with other children their own age, students develop skills and build confidence—socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically.
Parents actively involved in their child’s learning are better able to understand and meet their child’s needs. Parents are able to observe experienced, credentialed teachers and other parents handling typical, and sometimes difficult, situations. They learn new approaches and techniques and practice their new skills in a supportive environment.
Monthly evening meetings offer in-depth discussions of a variety of parent issues as well as the opportunity to learn from guest speakers.
- Discover the joy of learning through age-appropriate play
- Develop social skills and cultivate their unique strengths
- Acquire the building blocks of kindergarten readiness
- Benefit from a high adult-to-child ratio
- Gain confidence as they study child development
- Practice new parenting skills such as positive discipline and conflict resolution
- Participate in their child’s education
- Benefit from a supportive community of parents and teachers
- Enjoy lower tuition costs through parent involvement
Parents and children will…
- Make new friends
- Experience a sense of belonging and acceptance for who they are
- Share joy, comfort and pride in what they can accomplish
SCPENS is not just a preschool. It’s like a family.– John B.
SCPENS is a great place to make friends for both parents and children.- Monice T.
Attending SCPENS & the seminars has really helped me become a better parent.- Toni O.
I love to watch the chicks hatch and the tadpoles grow into frogs.- Tara (age 4)
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the administrative body that governs our co-op's business
affairs. Board meetings are open to all co-op members and are held once a month. Some of
the board's principal business includes the school budget, expenditures and staffing. The
board members are elected by the parent membership for a one year term.
The board positions are:
Support Job Coordinators